Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blog 2: My Experience With Online Communities

I mentioned before that I have a lot to learn about using technology as a means of communication; however, I do have experience using online forums and I think they are very useful for communicating with others for entertaining, learning, promoting, and many other reasons. I am probably most familiar with Facebook (I am in college after all, even though now Facebook extends well beyond just students), and I find it very useful to keep up with my friends at school and from home. It's also a great way to learn about upcoming events and to make plans. Since I am abroad, I recently started using Skype to communicate with everyone back home. I really like using it and I definitely prefer it to email or phone calls. Youtube is another area that I have used fairly often. Even though I've never actually loaded any of my own videos to the site, I have found that it is a very effective procrastination tool and I love sharing what I find with other people. Blogging is completely new to me. Fortunately, setting up my blog has been fairly easy (despite problems with my internet connection earlier this week) and I think that I will enjoy keeping up with it. I am interested in graphic design so I think that getting used to blogging, as well as learning about other medias, will be good for me to learn more about the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment